Soffits and fascia boards are vital to the proper functioning of your roof, gutters, and overall home appeal. Soffits are positioned between the roof and the siding of your home. Soffits assist maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. Hot, humid air escapes the soffits, while cool, dry air is drawn in. Fascia boards are used to finish the roof overhang and add to the home’s curb appeal.
When you clean your gutters, have a roof and door replacement specialist inspect your soffits and fascia twice a year. If any of these symptoms are discovered during the evaluation, a replacement is required.
- Gutters that are leaking. Your gutters are supported structurally by fascias. If your gutters start to droop or leak, it’s a sign that you have a problem with your fascias. Finally, a damaged gutter system is something you should avoid at all costs because it is responsible for effectively keeping water from accessing your property.
- There are signs of bugs. Nothing is more aggravating than having pests in your house. Furthermore, rodents and pests can cause significant damage to your roof. Soffits and fascia are intended to keep mice out of your roof and attic, but if they continue to enter your home, it may be time to repair or replace them.
- Water in the void beneath your roof. When water is allowed to pool, it can swiftly wreak havoc on your roof. Whether it’s rot or mold, you may have to spend a lot of money on repairs before your home is safe to live in again. Examine your soffits and fascia to see whether they’re allowing water into your roof void. If they are, have them replaced as soon as possible by a certified window and door contractor.
- Your home isn’t well ventilated. Your attic is ventilated through the soffit and fascia. If you notice that just a small amount of ventilation enters your home, it’s possible that your soffit/fascia is blocked or damaged. If this is the case, you must replace them immediately.
- Paint that has cracked and flaked. Your roof’s soffit and fascia serve both a functional and decorative purpose. Cracks not only look ugly, but they may also cause leaks, so it’s better to engage an expert to assess the damage and build a soffit and fascia system.
Polk Contracting, Inc., is one of the area’s leading roofing and siding contractors that can help you with all of your home renovation needs. We’ll make sure your project meets quality standards with our high-grade supplies from the most reputable companies and our knowledgeable, professional workforce.
Call us today at (410) 835-4586 or fill out this contact form to schedule your evaluation. We proudly serve homeowners in all of Harford, Cecil and Baltimore Counties.