Using a single texture for your home’s exterior gives it a lovely and clean look. In fact, consistency becomes a huge part of its charm. But there’s also something to be said about mixing and matching different textures to create a bolder, more unique look. If you’re willing to try it out, let these tips from your trusted siding and door replacement company, Polk Contracting, Inc. get you started.
- Decide on the number of textures. Customization is half the fun in an exterior home upgrade. To create a greater visual impact from the curb, you are free to use two (or even three) siding textures. A good rule of thumb is to pick a smooth finish on one siding system, and a rugged one on the other. If you want to take it up to three, you can choose yet another texture for the trim.
- Choose a different color for each texture. You’ll want to emphasize the differences in exterior texture to best effect. For this reason, make sure that each option comes in a different hue. You should be careful, however. You don’t want the colors to clash too much, so if you can’t decide, consult a siding, window and door contractor like Polk Contracting, Inc. for good color combinations.
- Pick the right location for each exterior texture. You don’t want to use them all over the place. To make them look more cohesive, check these few examples:
- Pick a rough stone exterior for the first level of your home, then pair it with a smooth exterior for the second level.
- Choose horizontal siding for the ground floor and a vertical one for the second story.
- Go for a rougher texture at the base of the first floor (only up to the bottom of the window sill) and use something smoother for the rest. If your home has dormers, use a different texture for the area. Most people use a shake siding profile around their dormers.
Your Top-Rated Siding Expert
As one of the area’s top roofing and siding contractors, Polk Contracting, Inc. can provide you with exceptional solutions to all your home improvement needs. With our quality products from the most trusted brands, and our skilled, professional crew, we’ll make sure your project is completed to quality specifications. We proudly serve homeowners in all of Harford, Cecil and Baltimore Counties. Call us today at (410) 994-2801 or fill out this contact form to schedule your evaluation.